Town and harbor in amazing estuary of river Cetina. The chief occupation is fishing, farming, textile and grocery industry and tourism. The old and modern parts of the town are completely separated.
The old town of Omiš is under the steep cliffs with narrow streets and little squares. 1 km long beach is on the west. In the front of the beach are large flats, made of the river Cetina. Sand beaches are from village Stanici to the southeast. Near villages located near southeast coast Stanici, Celina, Mimice, Marusici and Pisak are great place for quiet vacation and offer accommodation in apartments or provate rooms. Reminds of Romans village Oneum are located in the village Barak, above the town Omiš. In the Middle Ages was Omiš the fortified town with pirate’s fort. Omiš became under Venetian dominate in the middle of 15th century. Reminds of fort Starigrad on the rock’s hill are from 15th century as well. In the centre of the old town are reminds of Middle Age’s town wall with town gate. Baroque buildings from 16 th century: curch of St. Duch, church of St. Mihovil from year 1629 and monastery. The renaissances house has collection of town museum. On the right coast or river Cetina is preroman church of St. Petar from 10th century, one of the most interesting church in Dalmacie.